Recommends for "just a browser" live distros- either existing ones orcomments on making one.

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Oct 22 11:04:40 CDT 2008

 AS I've said MANY times, there are lots of minimalistic LiveCDs.  If
you don't like KioskCD or the best one, Webconverger, then make yourself
a custom Puppy LiveCD or DamnSmallLinux.  Those two ALREADY have ALL the
customization stuff BUILT-IN.   Why is this so hard?   Let's try not to
reinvent the wheel here or make some big new project, just edit the dang
LiveCD already.  Get MagicISO for $20 for Windows (Well worth it if you
are doing many ISOs for LiveCDs) or figure out how to mount and edit
ISOs on Linux(slightly more complex).  We are not treading new territory
here.  How long has Knoppix been out on the scene with the LiveCD idea?

Here's a spin, try building a custom LiveCD of Linux From Scratch (LFS).
Then you can get all that custom compiling out of your system at the
same time.  It's like Gentoo only more ricer.

Of those distros I mentioned above, DamnSmall, Puppy, Webconverger, and
KioskCD can ALL be loaded on to a USB device for booting.

Brian Kelsay