Wireless bridging tutorial

Sean Crago cragos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 01:06:20 CDT 2008

>I've recently come into the possession of a video game console capable
>of connecting to the internet via ethernet.  Unfortunately, no
>ethernet port is within reasonable range.  I have a spare WRT54GL and
>I know there was a thread earlier about alternative linksys firmwares
>and I'm a fan of Tomato.  Does anyone know of a guide on the Web for
>Tomato to set up a wireless bridge for this?

Not sure you need one. I popped into my Tomato config, and I think all
you need to do is select "Wireless Ethernet Bridge" under the "Basic"
configuration page, tell it your SSID, and jack your NIC-modded
Famicom into one of the network ports. Haven't tested it, but it
really shouldn't be complicated at all. Wireless ethernet bridges tend
to be absolutely trivial to setup.

Sean Crago
Kathmandu