regarding "just plain works" as a goal

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:28:26 CDT 2008

Ok folks- i move to squash this *RIGHT NOW*

The best phrasing we could  use? Declaring  "stupidly antagonistic"
cruft as not in anyone's best interest. And further-  originating that
sort of thing is acting against the best interests of Linux and Open
Source as a whole... As is letting it go beyond perhaps the seconding
of a motion to take it OFF LIST!!

IF that is too complex? Two simple words.  Grow up!

I do not say this lightly. WE are judged by our posts. Linux is judged
potentially by US being what people associate with Linux. How then do
you wish KCLUG  to be thought of? As a list of  scholarly discourse?
Or petty displays of frank stupidity.

Think before posting!

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Jeffrey Watts <jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like how you CC the mailing list on a personal argument so you can try and
> get support from the peanut gallery.  When you were a kid did you run to the
> teacher every time you didn't get your way?
>
> J.
>
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Rather disingenuous to claim that you never intended for people not to be
>> informed when you wrote a huge E-mail to me saying it would be a terrible
>> idea for me to inform people about Linux running on older hardware, and
>> reiterated your "stop it" command within the same message where you tried to
>> claim you didn't want to prevent my message about Linux running on older
>> hardware.
>>

> --
>
> "He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
> oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
> will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

Oren Beck

816.729.3645