Internet Access (The Lack Thereof) At ITEC (was Re: regarding "just plain works" as a goal)

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 16:37:56 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:

> BTW, wouldn't calling KCLUG a non-profit be untruthful?  I thought it was
> just a "not expected to make a profit" organization.  Claiming to be a
> nonprofit while not being a nonprofit can bring on legal troubles.

At every opportunity, I point out that, despite our top-level domain, we are
not an "organization"; we are a DISorganization.  KCLUG has no legal
existence of which I am aware; it is nothing more nor less than those people
who claim to be members thereof.

As the leader of the psychotic penguins (heh) in "Madagascar" put it... "we
were never here".