Midrange Web Browser? (between Firefox and Dillo)

Sean Crago cragos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 08:27:49 CDT 2008

>>On Monday 06 October 2008, Sean Crago wrote:
>> Have you tried simpler Gecko engine based browsers? The fact that they
use
>> it on the Nokia Internet Tablets (considerably weaker than your laptop,
I'd
>> imagine) implies that you might have more luck trying something like
>> Epiphany.

>On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
>Actually, that's WebKit.

Epiphany's moving to Webkit in recent CVS builds. Even if I missed something
and they've made a formal release of a Webkit-based version, the Gecko based
ones are still going to be more common in the current stable distributions.

I held off mention of the Webkit builds of Epiphany, as I haven't heard
anything indicating that they're stable enough for day-to-day use (you'd
think they'd put out a beta release), but it's probably worth a shot if the
other options fall through.  I still say that optimizing Firefox is the best
bet, though.

Sean Crago
Kathmandu