Free to good home -- old Dell Optiplex

Greg Brooks gregb at west-third.com
Wed Nov 5 15:58:37 CST 2008

Free to a good home: Old Dell Optiplex desktop that's been used as a server
for the past five years. (The computer itself is likely closer to eight
years old and was bought  off-lease from Dell.)

. RAM: is 680k or so (too lazy to go check).

. No monitor -- you get the PC and the power cable only.

. HD: Two drives installed, 250GB each. Secondary drive has been giving me
trouble so I unmounted it a month or so ago. Primary drive tests healthy and
is about three years old.

. Video: Integrated, and nothing to write home about. This is not a machine
I'd want to use as a desktop replacement running full-blown KDE/Gnome,
although I've had it configured that way in the past.

. Floppy and CD/ROM both work. No CD burner, no DVD.

. Drives will be wiped and overwritten with random data -- you'll need to
install the OS of your choice. (The machine has successfully run Ubuntu,
RedHat and FreeBSD without a hitch)

The catch: You need to pick it up in Plattsburg, 35 miles north of KC.

If more than one person wants it, dibs go to the person who will have the
most interesting use case for the hardware.

Hit me offlist with questions or statements of interest.

Greg