Conversion to Linux

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:17:05 CST 2008

He or she means "free" as in beer.  In other words, just because the Open
Source software doesn't cost any money to buy it doesn't mean it doesn't
cost a company money to support, which is very true.  Hence why I advocate
that businesses look into a support partner of some kind for support
escalations.

The good news, however, is that in general that kind of support is very
reasonable, and from a total cost of ownership perspective in almost any
scenario Free software solutions will be cheaper overall.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that