Linux and Hauppauge Radio Tuner for Radio VCR?

lerninlinux at comcast.net lerninlinux at comcast.net
Sat Mar 29 00:02:29 CDT 2008

From: Michael Schultheiss <schultmc at cinlug.org>
> Leo Mauler wrote:
> > A friend of mine recently upgraded her TV tuner, and
> > gave me her two older TV Tuners.  Her oldest TV Tuner
> > was one of the Hauppauge WinTV models which came with
> > an FM Tuner.  I was wondering if anyone has seen a
> > "Radio VCR" project for Linux using an internal FM
> > Tuner card.
>
> MythTV may support FM tuners:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Fm_radio

It has been a few years since I looked into timeshifting radio.  My old links are dead, but I believe one of them was probably the LinuxGazzette, link mentioned elsewhere.

The one thing I saw when searching for them, is Streamripper over at Sourceforge.  Read the FAQ here:
http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/faq.php