Moratorium on moderation/censorship/general whines.-give it up for lent eh?

Joe Brouhard jbrouhard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 01:32:30 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 12:02 AM, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 22 March 2008, Joe Brouhard wrote:
> > I prefer toleration over anything else tbh.
> > Everyone's right and everyone's wrong and all that jazz. :)
>
> And it is exactly that attitude that leads people to Hell.

*SNORT*  I didn't say Right versus Wrong, so stop twisting my words.
I prefer tolerance over race, religion, and things like that.  there
is a moral ground for right and wrong and to be frakin honest, this is
*NOT* the place to be debating this.

> Sin and evil should never be mere tolerated, including false religions which
> have for "gods" either material goods, pure fiction, or demons.

Uh.. Did I say that?  Again, everyone has their own moral rules.
Right versus wrong is not in the context I was refering to.  Religious
tolerance is far more superior than closed-minded thinking.

> Love is far superior to "tolerance", and it is through love that I admonish
> and correct people when I can. After all, if nobody corrects me, how likely
> am I to notice where I am wrong and make the changes necessary to avoid
> eternal punishment?

Do me a favor.  Don't try to correct me.  At all.  All you've shown me
is you'd rather get on your soapbox, preach to the choir, and flat out
be rather rude and snobbish about your views.    I'll admit i have a
shred of arrogance in me, but I would never preach to ANYONE about
religion.  People are free to believe what they wish.  NOne of us, for
any reason whatsoever, have the right to correct the other as to what
is the right way to believe and what isn't.    That's my view, my
opinion, and my belief.  Anyone who says I'm wrong can kindly go fuck
themselves to the 7th level of hell for all i care (do they really
have levels?  Last I checked the elevator went to 12...)

I have half a mind to drop off this list, as for the last 2 and a half
weeks, this list has had nothing but a bloody religious "war" going
on.  There's enough of this shit going in the world we don't need it
here.

--
Joe Brouhard
jbrouhard at gmail.com