KDE (was: Ubuntu)

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 13:50:13 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

>  You assume a generalization is meant to be all inclusive, which, even if meant
>  to be, is never factually accurate. In my case, I never intend
>  generalizations to be all inclusive.

You seem to be avoiding the fact that what you said was untrue.  You
could have said in your defense that you were using hyperbole when you
should have been more precise.  That would have sufficiently explained
why you said what you said - after all, I think all of us here
probably have made the same mistake in our speaking at some time.

However, you seem to be claiming that somehow you meant what you said
but I was just too ignorant to understand it.  The response you just
gave was, to put it in technical terms, a "giant load of BS".

I'm not stupid Luke.  Don't try and wordsmith reality so that
generalizations aren't really generalizations.  Your original
statement was either just ignorance of how Gnome works (which seems
unlikely) or just old-fashioned hyperbole.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a