Moratorium on moderation/censorship/general whines.-give it up for lent eh?

Luke -Jr luke at dashjr.org
Fri Mar 21 13:25:53 CDT 2008

On Friday 21 March 2008, Leo Mauler wrote:
> Secondly, Vatican II put a lot of joy back into Lent, and I doubt there are
> many pre-Vatican II folks on KCLUG (for example, Grandma eats fish on ALL
> Fridays and she's 97 years old).

The number of Catholics ("pre-Vatican II folks") on the list compared with
Vatican II sect members is irrelevant in light that Catholicism is still the
true religion founded by Jesus Christ ~2000 years ago and Vatican II is
merely a false religion founded by men merely 50 years ago.

Globally, meat is generally forbidden on not only all Fridays, but all
Saturdays as well. That we only need to abstain from meat on Fridays (and not
Saturdays) is due to a specific regional exception for the United States.