KDE (was: Ubuntu)

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 13:25:26 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:

>  It was only this year that Gnome got a way to edit the main menu
>  without a text editor.

He said "any small change".  Last I looked I can create menubars, add
applets, change themes, change window behavior, etc all without using
gconf.  One can easily argue that those are "small changes" and thus
invalidate his argument utterly.  Furthermore, they call into question
his motives in stating something that's so obviously untrue.

In regards to your statement, even if somehow modifying the menu was
the end-all-be-all of UI configuration, the fact that it exists now
means that your counter argument is nothing more than a straw man.
We're speaking about the present.  If we go far back enough in time, I
think you'll find that all UIs had difficulties in modification sans
special tools or knowledge...

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a