Linux scanned document handling- what software tools are recommended?

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:20:06 CDT 2008

The shortest explanation is an attempt to begin archiving the flood of
paper crossing my "Desk"
The longer tern goal is to reduce my needed document space "in the house"
So searchable indexed files are pretty much a ground up need. Human
indexing is partially viable. OCR still seems to me not quite there.
What is anyone using or aware of in the Linux realm that will help?
There is a windows tool sold with a featherweight slot scanner called
"Neat Receipts" which is what I would like a Linux replacement for.
Cool has as it's claimant focus an ability to OCR and file from
extracted informations as well as by date. This seems akin to related
queries I have raised in the past, but this incarnation centers more
on overall filing/retrieval packages as opposed to dumb "scan to file
X".
--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645