Organization Poll on the KCLUG Forums

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Thu Mar 20 10:08:59 CDT 2008

In many formal organizations, a quorum is required in order to make a
decision of this nature. Since some of you are trying to handle this
matter in an organized fashion, you need a quorum. A quorum is usually
defined as a "majority" of the members eligible to vote (>50%). As of
right now, I count 20 names that have participated in this thread alone.
Since 10 people doesn't constitute a majority, you shouldn't hold the
voting results as valid. Your organized attempt at organizing has not
yet succeeded.

Not voting on this issue doesn't imply either a yes or a no vote, nor
does it imply approval of the outcome. Things aren't black-and-white. I
haven't voted because I don't want a moderated list, but at the same
time I'm sick of hearing a few people whine about wanting more
organization and I wish someone would shut them up. Neither a yes or no
vote satisfies both aspects of how I feel, and casting an "abstain" vote
would imply that I will accept the outcome of the vote either way.

Let's move on now. Talk about Linux geek stuff, not a BS bureaucracy.

/ignore thread

~Bradley

Steven Hildreth wrote:
| Greetings,
|
| Please check out and vote;
|
| http://www.kclug.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33
|
| It would be great to get feedback on the forum thread, for future
| reference for when this question comes up again (which it does from time
| to time with people who drop in see what a cluckerfest KCLUG is and
| never return).
|
| Regards,
| Steven

- --
~Bradley Hook
Education Systems Administrator
Kansas State School for the Blind
1100 State Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66102
Voice: (913) 281-3308 ext. 363
Mobile: (913) 645-9958
Facsimile: (913) 281-3104
http://www.kssb.net

Confidentiality Statement:
This message and accompanying documents are covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and contain information
intended for the specified individual(s) only.  This information is
confidential unless explicitly indicated otherwise.  If you are not the
intended recipient or an authorized agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
copying, or the taking of any action based on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by E-mail,
and delete the original message.