Organization Poll on the KCLUG Forums

James R. Sissel JimSissel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 20:26:06 CDT 2008

> >  We all have a constitutional right to complain but no constitutional
> duty to vote.
>
>As I understand it, there is a fine imposed on Australians who don't show
>up to
>participate in national elections.
>
>I am in favor of instituting such a system in the u.s.
>
>Dave

Funny, I'm in favor of making them take a test on US History and the
Constitution BEFORE they can vote.  Also, anyone taking money from the
government (employee, welfare, social security) can't vote.  It's a
conflict of interest.

But that has nothing to do with Linux, which by the way, I'm happy to vote
for with my feet.  I just bought a book about writing Linux Device Drivers
(v3 for the 2.6 kernel).  Very interesting.  Now to find the time to read it!