Organization Poll on the KCLUG Forums

Steven Hildreth sphildreth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:00:37 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Monty J. Harder <mjharder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some people who oppose greater formal organization may consider
> participating in the poll to be implicitly endorsing such organization.
> Therefore, all people who don't respond should be considered to be "no"
> votes.

How would we know the quantity of these "no" votes?

I think somewhat the opposite is true. Those people who do register and "go
through the trouble" of voting, by doing so, indicate they have enough
commitment that they care to the outcome. It's somewhat comparable to a
electoral process; Those who don't bother to vote, have no right to complain
about the outcome of the voting.