Organization Poll on the KCLUG Forums

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 08:14:09 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I agree as well about KCLUG organization, though
>  piling all "administrative duties" on one person may
>  be going a little too far too fast.
>

>  For example, Christopher Bier has been doing a
>  fantastic job representing KCLUG with ITEC, but I
>  suspect he wouldn't want to take on the Supreme
>  OverPenguin job and have to do everything else as
>  well.
>

>  I see three administrative positions, not just one:
>
>  (1) ITEC (and related exhibition conference)
>  representative, for which I nominate Christopher Bier.
>
>  (2) Mailing list and website manager.
>
>  (3) Physical meeting "chairperson" and local KCLUG
>  event organizer.
>
>  Number (3) might even need to have a primary and a
>  secondary, since work and personal schedules sometimes
>  conflict with KCLUG meeting and local small event
>  nights.
>
>  This message has been copied onto the message board as
>  well.

Could we consider some degree/s of feedback mechanics, That is meant
in this case as letting the administrative person/s know the group's
actual majority+consensus. And that's not a redundancy.
We can have dissent become destructive or constructive and in MY
vision of how it could work- the Administrators working title should
properly be "Consensus Director" with implied stress on Consensus as
the desire of the group.

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645