Ubuntu

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 01:12:16 CDT 2008

--- Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

> On Friday 14 March 2008, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Jon Pruente
> > <jdpruente at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Arthur
> > > Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >  >  Why would you set KDE up like Windows ?
> > >
> > >  The general idea would be to provide a
> > > familiar interface to users.
> >
> > So why would you do this to KDE, but not to
> > Gnome?
>
> I'm not sure you even CAN do this with GNOME...

You can do this in GNOME.  The following instructions
will give you a desktop exactly like a Windows XP
desktop.

Making Ubuntu look like Windows
http://www.squidoo.com/makingubuntulooklikewindows

Someone has even made a script which will convert all
of the graphics in the Ubuntu default GNOME desktop
into Windows XP graphics, creating a "Windows XP
Desktop" which happens to have a top and bottom
taskbar on it.  The script is one-way: if you run it
and want to restore to prior settings, you will have
to change it all back by hand.

XpGnome - Make Linux Look like Windows XP
http://ubuntu.online02.com/node/14