Can we post a Link to Cedric Shock's Knoppix as "Rescue Tool" Tutorial- on the KCLUG page?

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 04:32:06 CDT 2008

Ok- I have been giving prints of this truly incredible tutorial:

http://www.shockfamily.net/cedric/knoppix/index32.html

Along with the Knoppix cd for several years now.
So far the # of not only "rescue success stories" but actual Linux new
users  from this project is really worth studying.
Here's the overview of WHY.

Last month my wife was ill so I was unable to run calls. One customer had a
stupid employee "Virus&Crash" their primary WinXP  box. Yeah- firing the kid
sadly does not make the data accessible again. The hero of their day was not
so much "me" for handing his son the Shockfamily link a year ago- but Mr
Shock's project itself! Well, can we see about posting the link at minimum-
if not a mirror with Permission formally requested of course. A few years
ago -. I asked Cedric if he minded my "handout" of his project's screen
prints and he at that time replied in email-"no problem."

So I think he'd not object if formally asked. As for the Big Why? So someone
searching for recovery of data from Windows will perhaps be guided to a low
risk self rescue, Or perhaps be guided to a KCLUG meeting.

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645