I may have a least restrictive alternative to full moderation-for the list at least.

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 01:18:54 CDT 2008

Some of the list participants favor unfettered anarchy for the hell of it.
Or Ethics?
Other participants appear to be advocating "Robert's Rules  of order" be
applied.
I propose accommodation of both worldviews.  In a fashion that has worked
for other forums. By having one list posting out as unfiltered and another
as filtered/moderated.
With archives of both incarnations kept on the site server for posterity.
Life goes on unchanged for the existing list. Whoever we "agree " on
execiting the proposal as final list comment "vote" determines would then
ADD a setting to list preferences menus. One allowing the not yet defined
"filtered/moderated" list output as an option.

Here is the defining intent of this least restrictive alternative.

To accomodate the divergent views of our participants in a fashion fair to
all.

In blunt english folks- If you want an anarchistic anything goes forum -do
NOT let the Ordnuing! shrieks silence free speech.  If you are a purist
-demanding your Linux list be uncontaminated by non-topical posts?  Step up
to the plate and show your skills! create an instrumentality of code and
human participation giving the purist audience  such a feed.  So our new
horizon gives a choice between Anarchy or Whatever consensus decrees.

It's not a perfect for all elements fix- but it makes a hell of a lot more
sense than anything said so far.

The listserve UberGurus amongst us might even have a trivial way to do parts
of this.

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645