Organization Poll on the KCLUG Forums

Earle Beason Earle-Beason at kc.rr.com
Sat Mar 15 22:22:15 CDT 2008

    I wrote the bylaws for the biker group I pack with. I could use my
experience there to take input from the LUG. Then generate a charter and
code of conduct for the LUG

    However, that may be a bit extreme, as I don't foresee the LUG
members prone to tossing tables and stomping some dude for talking trash
about his 'nix machine.

As for electing officials, I we get some one to volunteer and do an
election by email. Candidates can nominate themselves via the
newsletter. On a  determined week all who receive the newsletter can
vote by email. the volunteer takes tally and informs the group who won
by the email.. Validation can be done by an independent reviewer, the
process would to have another volunteer, examine the tally and have each
voting member send their vote to him as well.