Reverse of Gmailfs needed.- something to make a local copy of everything from a Gmail account

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:10:46 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Oren Beck <orenbeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone have a method for automatic backing up a Gmail account/s to
> my
> > local drive?
> > Several obvious reasons but none of them are worth detailing save the
> fact
> > of it becoming a good idea. I'd be most interested in ones perhaps using
> the
> > Livedemo writing back to it's own media variants also .
> >
> > Thanks in advance all-
>
> Just this week there was G-Archiver, but the devs of that were
> apperently harvesting username/passwords
>
> I personally use Thunderbird + Dovecot... just drag and drop from one
> to the other across IMAP.
>
> --
> Fedora 7 : sipping some of that moonshine
> ( www.pembo13.com )

Has there yet been any talk of sanction against the harvesters? Damn. That
sort of thing should be punished by deaths worse than fate. Failing mere
death we could always condemn them to support  AOL customers who use  WInME
-for eternity. Ah well. Is there a tutorialon Dovecot you recommend  beyond
it's own FAQ?

"If I am ever on the jury of a case involving bad things done to malware
writers I pledge to direct jury nullification freeing whoever does in the
creeps"

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645