Everything Is Relative

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 22:36:06 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 March 2008, Jon Pruente wrote:
>  > The "truth" is that the sun will rise tomorrow.  But the more "full truth"
>  > is that the Earth will keep spinning and our side will eventually be turned
>  > towards the Sun again.
>
>  Don't you mean that the Sun will keep orbitting the Earth and eventually
>  rotate back toward our part?

Geocentrism as a point of view means that your question would be
right.  Heliocentrism as a point of view means the mine is.  However,
they both illustrate different views of the same effect, and thus
illustrates my point on truth.  A persons view on truth depends highly
on where they start looking at it, no mater what the actual workings
of that truth are.   Knowing the "full truth" requires perfect
knowledge, and as most Christians believe than man is an imperfect
being, we cannot posses "full knowledge" and thus anything and man
claims to know is only a subset of the Truth, mitigated and/or biased
by his point of view.  This also leads us into the sciences with the
Uncertainty Principle; in the physical world, we can't know
everything.  So, even in a non-religious context we are unable to
attain "full knowledge" and thus fulfill my POV claim.

POVs as related to operating systems also illustrate why flame wars
happen.  One old friend of mine used to have a "CrApple" sticker on
his car.  Now he totes around a MacBook as his main rig.  Different
POVs, different times.  Back in the day, Mac OS was a POS for many
things...

Jon.