Suggestions for Linux group

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Wed Mar 12 18:02:25 CDT 2008

Sorry about that, you picked a bad day to visit the site as I was in
the middle of upgrading that mirror set from 160gb to 750gb, and was
having fun with a bad drive.  The site's up again, though running on a
degraded mirror until Newegg's RMA process can get me a new drive.
The mailing list doesn't run on that site, only the (out of date)
website.

That said, KULUA's certainly not as busy as KCLUG.  We don't do
meetings and socials like we used to, but our mailing list is still
active and we stay on-topic for the most part.  I certainly don't want
to get into any kind of dumb "KULUA vs KCLUG" debate however, as I
think arguing about that kind of stuff is dumb, and there's always
room for more Linux and Unix groups.  However, I will say that it's
pretty amazing that you could have a flamewar about both Hitler AND
Catholicism at the same time.  That's impressive.  :)

We use Google Groups, membership is moderated, and recruiters and
people without local ties aren't approved.  This keeps the spam down.
I rarely have to moderate anything on KULUA's list, but rest assured
if we start hearing about the Pope or Hitler, I'll wear my fascist hat
and wield my ban-stick.  ;)

Have fun in whatever you guys do, and hello to the folks I know on
this list.  :)
Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a