Everything Is Relative

Phil Thayer phil.thayer at vitalsite.com
Tue Mar 11 17:24:24 CDT 2008

So you did understand the subtlety behind the statement I made.

		True.  Because Absolute implies that everyone knows all
things, whether
		they are currently known or not.

	Are you absolutely sure that's a true statement?  Of course you
aren't, because it's not.  Truth and Reality simply are.  Whether any
individual person knows a particular truth doesn't make it untrue; it
just makes it unknown, to that person.  It isn't necessary for everyone
else to know something that I know for me to know it.

	As Donald Rumsfeld famously alluded, there are known knowns,
known unknowns, and unknown unknowns. (He left out unknown knowns.) But
don't think for a moment that they aren't absolutely true, even when
they're unknown.