Everything Is Relative

Phil Thayer phil.thayer at vitalsite.com
Tue Mar 11 14:21:03 CDT 2008

> Would someone please care to explain to me why the hell people are
> talking about the nature of reality on a LUG mailing list?
>

> Did someone bring up quantum computers and not tell me?

Reality and the meaning of it is critically important to the computer
world.

Whenever two or more people come to a consensus on a subject and
determine how the interpretation and experience of an event is, which is
a definition of reality.  As these interpretations and experiences
become more common among people, these experiences and interpretations
lead to a larger reality and displace alternate realities that may in
fact be a much better experience and interpretation of the same event.
However, since the more common reality is already embraced by a majority
it becomes the accepted reality.  And because of that we have Microsoft
dictating how windows systems should work instead of Linux showing the
world how it can be done right.

That's how a discussion of Reality belongs on a LUG list.  :)