win95/98/ME and printers. An ethics issue comparable to DRM servers or not?

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:25:06 CDT 2008

No, you are not.  I still have WINDOWS drivers for hardware from the
mid 90's  I still have a copy of the FLOPPY DISK that came with an
ISA-card-attached handheld black and white Mustek scanner from windows
3.1.  I have no intention of ever using windows as a primary OS again,
or on physical hardware.  I don't even know where that scanner is, and
I doubt I'll ever see a working ISA slot again.  You keep the drivers
because it's your responsibility to your self.  HP could go out of
business next week and you buy a printer tomorrow.  Tough luck.
Personal responsibility.