Linux-compatible Laptop add-on sound cards?

Sean Crago cragos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 12:23:14 CDT 2008

I'm kind of shocked that his sound card doesn't has support under ALSA
or OSS - What's the chipset? Is NetBSD an option if Linux isn't?

On a more on topic note, I've had good experiences with my Logitech
USB headsets. 350 something or other is what they're called. Anything
with the same chipset should work. Can't personally vouch for anything
else, but they sound like the USB sound cards are fairly standardized:
http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x319.html

That said, if this thing is as old as it sounds, you might want to
check and make sure that the USB ports actually work with reasonably
modern devices before spending any money. Might have to buy one of
those old PCI add-on USB controllers.

-Sean Crago/MrZaius
MrZaius.com