The Terrifying Switch to DTV (was Re: ISPs, Newsgroups, etc. ...OH MY!!!)

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 06:46:27 CDT 2008

--- On Tue, 7/8/08, Jeffrey Watts <jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 4:33 AM, Leo Mauler
> <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > PBS is still a broadcast station.  Analog PBS stations
> > were a little fuzzy some of the time in Lawrence, KS,
> > but the "crap" stations (the only ones you seem to
> know about) came in quite clearly.  Essentially
> analog-to-digital will make Lawrence, KS, lose all the good
> broadcast TV while still retaining all the crap broadcast
> TV.  Personally I consider  being denied good TV while
> being allowed crap TV to be a loss.
>
> Time to get cable, or a better antenna.

Ahh, the "let them eat cake" attitude.  The "last mile" still hasn't been covered yet, and a weak digital signal is like no analog signal whatsoever.

> It's time to progress.

So you're agreeing that a loss is occurring?

> You'll have to cope.  This isn't my opinion, it's
> everyone's, as represented by our government.  You
> had your time to complain and do something about
> this, it's been known about for a very long time.

Don't give me this "everyone's opinion counts in government" crap.  That hasn't been true for decades.  Corporations have been wanting extra bandwidth for decades and there was nothing Joe Average was going to be able to say to keep some analog frequencies in place, that would compare to the $$$ in campaign contributions from corporations.