Wikipedia editors spread Global Warming Propaganda

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 11:09:05 CDT 2008

Is your only source for this accusation this email?

Their byline, "pro-environment conservatives exposing the lies of the
radical eco-movement", shows an obvious bias.  It supposes "lies",
calls them "radical", and states an obvious political position -
"conservative".  They cite an article by the National Review, which is
a partisan publication.  Hardly seems to be an objective source.

Reading the article, I find it to be a partisan political piece.
Given the sources, and the content, I'm inclined to dismiss all of it
as bullshit.  I'm not saying that what's written is true or false, I'm
saying that given its source and given the sensationalistic way in
which it's presented I'm inclined to believe it's untrustworthy.
There's lots of crap like this floating around on the Internet after
all, and any savvy person needs to be able to quickly filter the crap
out.  After all, didn't you know that Barack Obama was a _hidden
Muslim_??!?!?!  It's true, someone sent me an email that claims it's
from a reliable source~

Don't believe everything you read online, do your own investigation,
and especially don't believe partisan ranting that's emailed to you -
from either the left or the right.  99 times out of a 100 it's
bullshit.

It amazes me what people consider to be "journalism" these days.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a