Suggestions for a Linux LiveCD which is command-line only?

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Mon Jan 28 13:46:46 CST 2008

Check out the Helix LiveCD, which is actually designed to do forensics.
Moving data around and having functional drivers is one of Helix's
strong areas. It's Knoppix based, and the GRUB boot screen has a CONSOLE
mode that is easily selected.
Just a fair warning, since Helix is a forensics tool, by default it wont
modify ANYTHING in the permanent storage of the system it is booted on.
This can be advantageous if you are trying to recover data off of a
crashed/hacked system, but it can also be annoying if you aren't aware
of what is going on and why.
~Bradley