Suggestions for a Linux LiveCD which is command-line only?

Jestin Stoffel jestin.stoffel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 12:44:57 CST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 12:39 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2008 9:50 AM, Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
> > On Saturday 26 January 2008 07:54:36 am Leo Mauler wrote:
> >
> > Mandriva One - booted to level 3.
> >
> > Unfortunately, Debian based systems don't have an optional text mode except
> > for rescue mode, which doesn't do networking.  You can boot to rescue then
> > start services you need though, that's another option.
> >
> > I'd remaster a DSL or Puppy linux to what you think you need.
>

> You may also be able to use revisor to create a fedora spin to meet your needs.

This is an old project that is not kept up anymore, but I've used it in
the past and it works great.  It's called the Bootable Business Card,
and one of my old professors (and a few of my friends) worked on it.  So
long as you don't need anything up to date, it should suit your needs.

http://www.lnx-bbc.com/

--Jestin