Photoshop CS/CS2 should now work in Wine [0.9.54] -- do you think we'll be seeing more people switch?

feba thatl febaen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 11:14:45 CST 2008

http://www.winehq.org/?announce=0.9.54

What do you think of this? I've heard a lot of people say they would
switch to Linux, if it weren't for such and such a program not being
ported-- in professional settings, that seemed to be very frequently
Photoshop. It seems like some of the rest of CS doesn't work yet, but
Photoshop is a fairly major program to have working. So for those that
work in graphics design, or know those that do, does anyone know if
not having ImageReady and the other programs not working still makes
linux an impossible option? And have most people already adopted CS3,
or could this still draw in a lot of people? Does anyone know of any
companies that plan to switch over to linux now that this is working--
or any companies that have considered switching but were unable to
because of this?

Does anyone have experience running Photoshop through wine yet? If
this is easy to set up (Wine generally isn't what most people would
consider user friendly) it could be a great opportunity for some
advocacy.