Conversations on my remote user/site problem

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:23:50 CST 2008

Several folks have shared some truly worthy possible fixes.
I am planning to sort them by my limited grasp of which are practical for
me.
There seems to be a depth of comprehension above average in our group, which
is quite above mine.
So, I am asking permission from those who have contacted me off list to post
all the collected work.
There seems a possibility of refining the best of all these workarounds into
dare I propose a new distro?
An assembly of all the tool kits and scripts plus a stand alone minimalist
distro such as DSL or Puppy.
The killer incarnation to me at least might be a package loaded from a
website or sent as a mail attach.
With a fallback to CD or USB media if connection is an issue.

Under a doctrine of "if you have USB/CD access, permission is presumed -
passwords etc can be simplified
Thus we refine one path  to -nsert media-reboot- automagic configures-and
connects -then somehow it grands me remote KVM.
An idea I had was a script to capture the IP of the remote livedistro,-have
it Email that to me and then telnet etc in

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645