Quick GUI frontend development for command line tools?

Jason D. Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Fri Jan 18 16:42:54 CST 2008

On 1/18/08, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I haven't written any code in ten years so I'm looking
> for something to create GUI Frontends without too much
> programming experience.

Zenity is designed exactly for this purpose and comes as a part of Gnome. It
is rather old but its limited functionality is almost certainly exactly what
you're looking for. The other solutions proposed would be using a cannonball
to kill a fly. You could use Monodevelop or Glade if you want to learn C#,
Python/Ruby or C, but why bother if you don't have to?