Quick GUI frontend development for command line tools?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 12:32:20 CST 2008

There are a few command line applications for which I
would like to have a GUI, or for which I've found a
GUI I'm just not happy with.  I use mencoder and
transcode a bit but I'm not happy with the GUI
frontends I've found for those applications.  I also
have a friend who is interested in the Astrolog
astrology application but who is very unhappy with the
command line interface, a potential Linux convert if a
GUI can be discovered.  KAstrolog has been out of
development for so long I can't seem to compile the
thing.

I haven't written any code in ten years so I'm looking
for something to create GUI Frontends without too much
programming experience.