Boot

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 15:36:08 CST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 3:31 PM, Michael Morgan <mike at handuma.com> wrote:
>  Gary Dickman resolved the issue with an install disc. OS X 4.0, Tiger,
> install discs have a menu item, Utilities, which includes select start up
> disk options. My Mac has found its way!

For further reference, most NewWorld Macs have the Startup Manager
which is accessed by holding the Option key at the startup tone.  It
will show any functioning and available boot volumes on the system and
allow you to choose what to boot.  Once booted it's dead simple to go
into the Prefs and set the main HDD as the regular boot volume.  This
is very useful for booting your Linux YaBoot partition if the system
got reset to the OS X volume by an update or something. ;)

Jon.