KDE 4.0 Gallery

Luke -Jr luke at dashjr.org
Wed Jan 16 08:32:36 CST 2008

On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Jack wrote:
> --- Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> > Also try not to compare apples and oranges. :)
> >
> > That is, if you're comparing *window managers*,
> > compare them to KWin, not to
> > all of KDE. And don't include kdelibs in your
> > comparison unless you're
> > prepared to include the libraries used by Other WM.
>
> But who would install KWin and not the rest of KDE?

Who would install XFCE and not any real applications?
Besides, the fact that you're likely to install all of KDE is a *benefit* to
having it all share the same libraries.

> I think you have to look at the whole package.

Only if you're comparing it to a whole similar "package"-- so if you want to
compare it with your XFCE desktop, you MUST INCLUDE ALL APPLICATIONS YOU USE
in the comparison.