Open Source Security Bugs Uncovered

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:31:46 CST 2008

I think the numbers really speak for themselves.  While this article
may have been written to scare people, I'm proud to see that libre
software authors can write nearly half a million lines of code for
gratis, and make less than three hundred mistakes.  ...Three hundred
mistakes which took the DHS, and Stanford University, and some
faceless corporation some two years, and $300,000 to find.  And the
vast majority have already been fixed.

I think this makes FLOSS look incredibly secure.