Printer

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Feb 12 17:17:55 CST 2008

On Tue, February 12, 2008 16:47, Earle Beason wrote:

> I done some research and have found a few Linux printers, but the
> reviews were lacking for content. So kicking it out, does anybody have a
> printer they would recommend? It is for home use light use with, and the
> occasional bouts of moderate use. I try to stay away from HP, and not

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R200 that's pretty well supported - I've been
able to print CD's in it, which is why I bought it.  It does have the
infamous Epson ink cartridges that don't last very long, but unlike the
Lexmarks it doesn't dry out and clog the print head if you don't print
every day.

I also have a Brother HL2040 laser printer that was about $80 on sale at
Micro Center, and it's gone through several reams of paper on the factory
cartridge.  Brother supplies .ppd files and cups wrapper scripts for their
printers.

(I believe the HL2060 is the current model.)