Video processing

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sun Feb 10 13:39:23 CST 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008 01:05:19 pm Billy Crook wrote:

> I don't think its the sheer filesize.  What filetype are these
> according to "file <filename.ts>"?

"data"

> My vote is codec support.

I doubt that.  ts is a fairly standard encoding, and both VLC and mplayer will
open the files - they just don't play well.  I tested this with some pretty
heavy load in the background, so can't say for sure that they wouldn't play.

As I said, I know avidemux can handle even larger .ts files; the question
there is if the 32b version can handle them.

I've managed to find some lower res versions, so that takes care of the
problem, but the question remains.  I ordered new RAM today.