M$ + Yahoo = Disaster for Y! Users

James Sissel jimsissel at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 16:20:18 CST 2008

I don't mind paying them $20 a year for a 24x7 post office.  I download everything from them every 15 minutes while my PC is running.  Better than I could do at home.  I also don't mind paying the phone company for a phone, the gas company for gas, the electricity company for electricity, etc.  Sure, I COULD do all that myself ... but why?

  Now if Micro$oft buys them I do object to paying them even one penny even IF they could actually provide a good product.

Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
  On Thursday 07 February 2008, Leo Mauler wrote:
> --- Julie wrote:
> > I have soooooo much stuff stored in my many Y!
> > accounts it's not even close to funny! I've had
> > these accounts for YEARS and you know how stuff
> > 'piles up'.
>
> Yes, I see now that Unlimited Mail Storage is more of
> a curse than a blessing.

Only when someone else holds it hostage, like Yahoo has always done.
Unless you pay them $x, you can't download your email.

That's why I will never let any company host my email for me.