M$ + Yahoo = Disaster for Y! Users

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 11:20:41 CST 2008

--- Julie <betelgeuse67stang at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have soooooo much stuff stored in my many Y!
> accounts it's not even close to funny! I've had
> these accounts for YEARS and you know how stuff
> 'piles up'.

Yes, I see now that Unlimited Mail Storage is more of
a curse than a blessing.

>   I wonder how to go about starting an online
> 'petition' to Yahoo to "Just say NO! to M$".  After
> all, "it's the _customer_ who is *supposed* to be
> right!" Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
> :)

The irony about all of this is that Yahoo might take
Microsoft's offer for the same reasons that Microsoft
is making the offer: competition from Google is
causing both of them to lose revenue streams.

According to the original news story, even with the
market downturns Google stock is still trading at
something like $500 a share, compared to both
Microsoft and Yahoo trading at below $100 a share each.