Wacom Bamboo Tablet

Jim Herrmann kclug at itdepends.com
Wed Dec 31 13:59:13 CST 2008

I got my daughter a Wacom Bamboo tablet for Christmas.  It works, and we
figured out how to get pressure sensitivity working in GIMP, so it's fairly
useful.  However, the eraser doesn't seem to work, and there are also extra
buttons on the Bamboo that don't seem to do anything in linux.  The
configuration information on the intertubes seems to be obsolete, like
2005ish.  X is no longer configured with etc/X11/xorg.conf apparently.  This
is on Ubuntu 8.10.

Does anyone have a Bamboo tablet and have everything working?  I'd
appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Jim

--