Twitter

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 12:46:15 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 12:22, David Nicol <davidnicol at gmail.com> wrote:
> so can it interoperate with irc if you want it to?

That feature is either complete, or coming.  See Laconica's official
Trac at http://laconi.ca/trac/ for bugs and features.  I installed
0.6.4 from http://laconi.ca/trac/wiki/Laconica_0.6.4 without any
modifications.  I have half a mind though to tweak something or apply
a patch from one of the most recent developlent builds, to see how the
"source link" thing detects it and provides it's AGPL-obligated source
download for all the users.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 12:27, Someone wrote (off list):
> Do you need a Laconica acct before you sign up with the Kclug server?

Nope.  You just fill in what nickname you want (you can change later)
what password, an email address, and I think that's all that's
required.  It will send a confirmation email, but I was able to make
my first post without clicking it's enclosed verification link, so
it's either very lax, or I just didn't turn that part on.  The signup
page is http://laconica.kclug.com/main/register and it's really,
really, quick compared to a lot of services.  I suppose long term it
will have to ask if you're 13 or older to comply with COPA, but the
Laconica developers probably haven't thought of that yet.