Wanted: Cheap, Linux compatible wireless card

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:21:02 CDT 2008

Well, unless his old house is made of sheet metal or stone I don't see how
it'd have anything that'd cause that many problems.  If you can use a baby
monitor or a wireless home phone you shouldn't have any trouble, though keep
in mind that if they're on 2.4GHz you might run into some interference.  For
example if my baby monitor mic is in between me and my wireless router I'll
get bad performance.

Lead pipes in walls and some electrical conduits can provide some
interference, but usually just moving one endpoint a few feet is all that's
needed.

Good luck.
J.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that