Wanted: Cheap, Linux compatible wireless card

Matthew Copple mcopple at kcopensource.org
Thu Aug 28 21:12:20 CDT 2008

My son is finally learning to read, and it is time to put a computer in his
room. Unfortunately, we live in a hundred-year old house, and the idea of
threading several feet of cat5 through bedroom and hallway is not appealing.
I am putting Edubuntu on it for him.

Does anyone have suggestions for a cheap, Linux compatible wireless card? I
prefer an A/B/G card that is WPA compatible. I prefer a USB device if
possible, but I won't quibble if PCI is cheaper. I really don't want to deal
with ndiswrapper.

Any suggestions?

Matt Copple
mcopple at kcopensource.org