What is the group's recommend for a Linux based Wifi antenna pointing program? And related RF link stuff.

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 12:54:24 CDT 2008

There are a lot of ways to use software for adjusting antennas. I am
curious what we are using and how/why?
One project in the works here at the campground would be helped by
good signal monitor software.

The future project is steerable spot beams.We have decades of
experience with Remote Broadcast links and some sifting thru archives
of that has given me a list of deeper questions. One initial query
being if anyone on list has experience with NON 2.4/5.8 Ghz radio
based data links?  Examples to my limited experience were the 900 mhz
Wavelan NCR units .And some even rarer X-band "Gunnplexer" point-to
point commercial  gear used for linking offices to mainframes.

The eventual goal for my uses is a few tight spot beams to  produce
local ground level hot spots with no "on that site" hardware Example
being- point to point up to pool house. Dish antenna aimed at group of
sites a long distance away. So there would be no powering hassles for
repeaters in tent areas.
--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645