idea: a managed linux distribution, for weak users

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:13:57 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 3:35 PM, David Nicol <davidnicol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris is clearly not within the target demographic of the proposed product.
>
> My mother needs this service.  If I am going to set it up for Mom, why
> not set it up for everyone else's mom too?  There are lots of real
> people who can no more sysadmin their own PC than they can [insert
> example of commonplace task often delegated to professionals here,
> from plumbing or automotive repair]

David, no one is in the target demographic of this service.  People do
not want their personal computers, their property, in their homes,
managed by someone else.  Your mother does not need this service.  She
does not need to pay money to someone to take over her computer,
install Linux on it, and run her "comfy Windows" in a VM.  What your
mother needs is *you* helping her.

--
Chris