idea: a managed linux distribution, for weak users

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 15:35:07 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Christofer C. Bell
<christofer.c.bell at gmail.com> wrote:

> this idea
> does not take this cool thing called "real people" into account.  It's
> a bad idea.
>
> --
> Chris

Chris is clearly not within the target demographic of the proposed product.

My mother needs this service.  If I am going to set it up for Mom, why
not set it up for everyone else's mom too?  There are lots of real
people who can no more sysadmin their own PC than they can [insert
example of commonplace task often delegated to professionals here,
from plumbing or automotive repair]